Monday 11 February 2013

One Day Project with Carlos Garde-Martin

An artist known as Carlos Garde-Martin visited our uni on Friday to "teach" us new methods to allow ourselves to broaden our minds a bit. Our new project brief was to create something out of unusual materials, so we brought all kinds of stuff with us like string, ribbon, paint... It was really fun!

I worked on the "marking" and "collage" tables, and boy I had a good time. It was really nice to just sit down and splatter paint across the page without thinking of the outcome, but simply because I wanted to.


Tried out using PVA glue to form the words until I realised it was going to dry clear... Whoops.






Messing around!


I wasn't as keen on the collage as I don't think it's my strongest point, but I still had fun just cutting up random pieces and placing them all together onto the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment