Wednesday 17 July 2013

Inspirational Artists/Illustrators

I'm going to take a break from my mini project - which I'm hoping to complete today! - and write about my current inspirational artists. This is mostly because I'm really into illustration and drawing lately and looking at my inspirations really makes me, well, inspired!


First off is Angela Rizza, who I have talked about waaaaay back during one of my university projects. She is still an inspiration to me because I've fallen in love with the intricate detail in her lines, and I feel that there is a similarity between our styles as we both love lineart/inking and prefer to colour it on Photoshop rather than doing the lines on there as well. It's so amazing to finally find someone who does the same thing you did a few years ago, having given up on the idea because I was so depressed that I was the only one.



Phoenix Lu is another artist who served as an inspiration to me a couple of years back, and I think that the reason why I am still inspired by her is because she draws her characters just so beautifully. I have a weak spot for Ancient Chinese/Japanese characters and I just love the way her paintings are so "floaty" and elegant.


Unlike Rizza who's detail are in her line work, Jiuge's detail is more on the colours and the shading to create the shapes (as from what you can see in the image above, there are no lines at all!). This seems to be a technique adopted by most digital artists but there's something about Jiuge's work that makes them seem incredibly detailed and this could be because of how "clean" the edges are.


I first found Tera's artwork through Tumblr and I have to say that she's definitely got a lot of potential. She too began with an interest in anime/manga but she has moved onto semi-realism which is something that I'm aiming to do. I love her painting style and the way she does the eyes! So amazing. I think I've fan girl a bit too much over her work OTL


I absolutely love pin up art and even though I haven't really tried it myself, I really admire the way Mike DeBalfo does his! It seems that he mainly focuses on line art which is perfect for me inspiration-wise as I always concentrate on my lines.

Guess that's all for today! I might add more to the list later, but for now... Adios, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment