Thursday 4 July 2013

Under the Blossom Tree II

Been up since 5.30am thinking about this piece when I thought, "What the heck, I might as well finish it!"

Et voila, here is the final piece.


This was more of an exercise to see how much I've improved in terms of drawing and painting, as I decided to redo an old favourite of mine which you can see on my deviantART page here.

Here's both versions placed side by side so that we could see the improvement:


It's crazy how much my style has changed! I've moved away even more from the anime/manga style (in 2010 I was beginning to move away from it) and I have improved in my anatomy. I think my choice of colours for the skin is more realistic as well.

Here's a WIP:


Guess that's all for today! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment