Wednesday 27 March 2013

FMP: To-Do List

So where shall I start? I've never done wedding invitation designs before (hence why I chose to do it for my final major... Didn't want to do something that I had all the research for!) so it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

I created this diagram to brain storm everything that I knew about fairytales, starting with the word "dragons". I think I went a bit overboard but hey! I wrote whatever popped into my mind as soon as I saw that word.


I find it so much to do this because I didn't have to think, and just allowed myself to react randomly to a single word. I carried this out like that game you play when someone would say, for example "grass" and then the next person say a word that popped up when they heard "grass". I think it's just great for generating those idea cogs as well as boosting creativity.

Now that that's done I am able to write up a to-do list that I'll use as a rough guideline.
  • Read some English fairytales - Brothers Grimm?
  • Create mood boards of wedding invitations
  • Figure out what goes on an invitation
  • Wording - what do they write? How?
  • What I would need to create
  • Ask people what they had on their wedding invitations

No comments:

Post a Comment