Tuesday 1 April 2014

FMP (BA): Prototypes

Now that I have started to consider doing the book cover design I thought that it was time to produce some rough prototypes so that I can get an idea of how I'm going to lay out my pages. If they're going to be double-sided then some of the designs would be separated onto different pages in order to look good when bound.

For my first prototype I used 6 sheets of paper, and have used the same method as my Harry Potter book in terms of what they put on the first couple of pages. Then I wrote out where all of my designs would be. I managed to have lots of spare pages so I just carried on numbering them for now.



Once done I separated them all out, and took a photo of one side of the DPS' and then another photo of the other side



My problem with this is that there are too many spare double pages spreads which will be left blank as I've only produced 5 designs so far (which will end up as double-paged spread).

My second prototype consisted of five pages and this time there were enough pages for all of my designs with one spare.



I spread them all out again to see what goes where.


I think I shall definitely use this prototype to aid me when it comes to designing my spreads because it works really well!

Conclusion:
When it does come to designing I shall create 5 separate documents and have 2 DPS on each one according to what I've learnt from today. Before I do that, however, I need to finish off my book cover designs and create the DPS' so that it's just a case of rearranging later on.

Learning Outcomes:
[9] Developed their ability to work with complex material, analyse problems and identify appropriate solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment