Friday 14 December 2012

Let It Snow


When I saw the contest on DeviantART called “Let It Snow” I immediately wanted to submit something to it. It had been ages since I signed up for any competition, and because England right now is downright miserable it’ll be easy to come up with some snowy.

But I didn’t want that; I didn’t want to do a drawing of a snowman or any of those other stereotypical Christmas things, I wanted to do something personal.  Christmas to me means being with my family and just spending time together without worrying about those things you have to do for work or uni.

Spending time with every member of the family, even those we have lost.


Even though it’s been three months I still miss my dad. It’s getting easier to cope but it’s still difficult. I still get those moments where I just want to curl up in bed and cry without anyone asking what was wrong – because it was so obvious, wasn’t it?

So this is probably what I would do as soon as I go home for Xmas; give my dad some flowers, tell him that I miss him, and to have a very Merry Xmas.

I wanted to do a really simple illustration as I have lately been very inspired by Simon's Cat. I think I might want to go to doing illustrations for Children's books as a career but shall have to do more experimentation and research before I dedicate myself to that.  

Tools | Watercolour pencils (without water, so sticking to their pencil form) | Watercolour paint

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely drawing with such touching words that go with it. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete