Sunday 13 January 2013

Deep Roots





This took me three days to do, I tell ya'. THREE DAYS.

Okay that was mainly because I was ill so I didn't have much time, but when I did boy did I feel like I was pouring my soul into it. Detail was the key here, and I wanted to create texture by doing lots of intricate lines and circles to give it a bit of oomph.

Not too sure if I'm actually going to use this but it was nice to experiment anyway! Trying out different methods and compositions for the album cover. 

I was inspired by this illustrator called Angela Rizza who has some amazing, jaw-dropping work. You can find her on tumblr here.

The reason why I'm going back to sketching ideas is because I realised that I needed to come up with a design that would somehow relate to the album title. I chose a tree because Jonny Pain had mentioned wanting to have a forest illustration.
I also chose it because a tree is known to be strong, tall, and they could last many lifetimes. Their roots sink deep into the ground so it's hard to cut them down, and they are the symbol of nature. I'm going to continue with going with their forest idea until they have given me their lyrics... I would also need to re-evaluate what typeface I use as I would like that to link in with the title name as well. 

Tools Used | Biro

No comments:

Post a Comment