Monday 21 January 2013

Shattered Glass Type

Shattered Glass Type
So this is how I did the "shattered glass" effect.
I first open up Illustrator and type out the words "Unbroken" (the album title) in the typeface Bebas Neue. I then selected it and Expanded it so that the type has turned into an object.


I create a new layer and named it "Glass", and using the pen tool I drew random triangles all over the type.

I select on ONE of the triangle shapes and go to Object > Path > Divide Objects Below. I have to do all of the triangles individually, unfortunately.

Once all of the triangles are done you would've noticed that they have "disappeared". Now select the type layer and Ungroup it.

After ungrouping it I then just selected each individual piece and shifted, changed the size, and adjusted every piece. I then moved all of the letters closer together to fit onto my design.


Conclusion:
I really liked how simple it was to do this to type, and would love to use it in future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment