Monday 10 February 2014

FMP (BA): Reflections

I've noticed that I work best when I have a whole mood board of inspirational pieces and just sit there with my list of quotes, pick one, and just draw. This has allowed me to work to a pretty tight schedule, and reflects what would be like in industry as I manage to do a piece in no more than a day. It has shown me that I can work under pressure and to a deadline. However my lack of research does leave my designs a bit stunted (in my opinion), meaning that I'm not developing my ideas as much as I hoped.

I'm going to upload one last piece I have done recently of a book quote and then I'll start researching again. I need to gather more pieces of information and analyse more hand-lettering so that I could understand the reasons why the designer/typographer/illustrator had done something a certain way. I need to research more into the Oxford Literary Festival as well, even though they attract a wide range of people of all ages.

Learning Outcome:
[6] Developed skills of critical thinking, analysis and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment