Sunday 2 March 2014

FMP (BA): Confused dot com

I was having a look through my brief again and I noticed that it said that the audience would be typography and literature enthusiasts. This made me question about where I was going with this hand-lettering project because I think I might have gone slightly off course.

This is because I have stated that when I looked at the Oxford Literary Festival that I would try and choose quotes from all of the subjects it covered and this included politics, travel, history, philosophy etc. But then that means that I might not be aiming at literature enthusiasts? I'd be aiming at everyone attending the festival?

To try and resolve this issue I shall still do other areas but I will still pick quotes that come from books because then that would still count as coming from literature. A key example of this would be the Nelson Mandela quote I was looking at - I need to figure out if it came from one of his books or if he said it in a speech. If not I shall just have to make sure that most of my quotes are from books and allow one or two not to be. 

Other than that, I am so very confused. Where am I heading?!

I mean I suppose that I could still do the Nelson Mandela quote because it might well come from his biography or something. Gah. I shall try and find a way and will update this post once I've found a solution.

Update: Okay it's all solved and I'm no longer panicking. I'm going to just carry on doing my thing because, after all, it's catered towards literature and typography enthusiasts so as long as I incorporate typography in it I should be fine. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment