Sunday 16 March 2014

FMP (BA): Today's Thoughts

Now that I have four complete designs I thought it was time to do some brief research on printing techniques because it would be ideal to get this professionally printed. I went to blurb.com to look at their pricing and that's when I realised that not only do they use different dimensions but they also require a minimum of 20 pages.

This means that I would have to produce at least twenty designs or ten double-paged spreads, and so I am going to aim to do at least ten DPS because it is slightly more achievable as I would just need to do around six more designs.

My thoughts are that for the DPS I'll do one side with the illustration/typography and the other side blank with a little icon and the author's name. For example, for Dr. Seuss I could have my quote and the icon of the hat and his name beneath it on the other page.

For my dimensions I think I'm going to carry on doing 125x154mm until I get to at least two more designs, and then I'll convert them all to 200x200mm. Or I might just start doing them at 200mmx200mm...

I'm just a bit clueless on how to do my book unless I do it through blurb as all of the tutorials I had looked at used folded pages in their designs, and my dimensions will be too large to fit on A4 so once again I might have to change the dimensions.

I'll be changing them no matter what so the most ideal option is to carry on designing until I have at least two more ideas and then figure out if I have enough time to produce more and think about the designs for the covers and inside pages.


Learning Outcomes:
[6] Developed skills of critical thinking, analysis and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment