Thursday 4 April 2013

FMP: Idea 3 (Continued)

As I mentioned in my last post I have decided to pick one of my ideas to develop it to lead it onto a final idea. Once I have this done I could then look at the other pieces that I mentioned I'd design in my proposal.


As I've mentioned in my little notes I want to make the castle more elaborate, because right now it's got a basic form and as this would be the main focal point (as well as my main typeface) then I want to make it look as good as it can be.

So I've created a mood board for some castle inspiration, starting by first looking again at Neuschwanstein castle as it happens to be the most beautiful castle I've ever seen and looks as if it has come right out of a fairy tale.




All images in this mood board are from Google, and I do not claim them as my own. 
Castles: Neuschwanstein Castle (2), Château de Chambord, Bran Castle, Heidelberg Castle, Burg Eltz, Warwick Castle, Alcázar of Segovia and Alcázar of Segovia.

I've also had a look at the mother of all fairy tale castles, Disneyland.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disney-characters/images/32053265/title/walt-disney-screencaps-walt-disney-castle-photo

After looking at these images and saved them onto my phone so that I could easily flick through the photos, and I began to develop my fairy tale castle.


I changed the structure to the castle so that it had more turrets, and then elaborated these to make the design more, well, elaborate. I took inspiration mainly from Neuschwenstein castle and Disneyland.


I then took aspects from other castles such as Alcazar, Heidelberg, Bran and Warwick and quickly sketches them beside the space where I was going to draw mine. At the top I wrote notes on what aspects I liked in my previous design and drew each section separately before forming one castle.

Conclusion:
I really like castles number 8 and 12, so I might ask for some feedback to see what everyone else prefers even though there's only a slight difference between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment