Tuesday 9 April 2013

FMP: My Wording on Wedding Invitations

Wedding Invitation
Here are my versions of what I'm going to on the wedding invitation. I did this by looking at all of the invitations I had analysed in the previous post and taking a look at what I had gathered from that research.
However I first tried writing it out as a poem to enhance that fairy tale theme.

1)

This one was a bit messy because I kept changing my mind on what to write, but here's the final draft:

Once upon a time there was a woman called Sophie
A dreamer, an artist, but was a little lonely,
So she travelled far and wide to find the missing piece
Like Jason searching for the Golden Fleece,
And along came her prince charming, a man named Mark,
Who opened her eyes an created a spark,
The spark then grew into a thing called love
And then their hearts beat together like a fluttering of doves. 
And you, my dear, are cordially invited
To celebrate their wedding, aren't you excited?

Now I just need to think of how I'm going to lay out the rest of the details such as the time and place... Although I think I might do them in a separate section on the invitation so that it's not part of the poem.


2)
Once upon a time
There was a man named Mark
Who had everything apart from that little spark
Until one day he met a woman named Sophie,
Charming, kind, and her smile was so lovely.

They fell in love, a perfect match they were,

He her Prince Charming, she his belle fleur,
After two years Mark got down on one knee
And asked, "Sophie, darling, will you marry me?"

And so their families have cordially invited

You to witness the wedding of 
Sophie Beatrice Lancroft to Mark Steven Tyler,
Aren't you excited?

Although I do like this version, I feel that it might be a little bit too long and wouldn't allow space for the rest of the invitation unless I, as I might do with the one above if I choose it, do it on the back or in a separate section.

I think what would be best is to move away from the idea of doing a poem as it'll just take up too much space on the invitation. So I looked back at the "Once Upon A Time" invitations I had analysed before and saw how they made it short and sweet and came up with this:

3) Once upon a time a prince met a beautiful maiden and they fell in love. After two years, the prince asked for her hand in marriage, and the maiden happily accepted.

And so with joyous hearts King Patrick and his wife Beatrice cordially invited you to witness the wedding of their daughter Sophie to Mark, son of King John and Charlotte.

However I'm unsure about the last part where I wrote "King...etc." because it might be a bit too much, so I might change it to Mr & Mrs like those invitations I had analysed before.

4) ... And so with joyous hearts Mr and Mrs Lancroft cordially invites you to celebrate the wedding of their daughter Sophie Beatrice Lancroft to Mark Steven Tyler, son of Mr and Mrs Tyler.


Location
I have yet to figure out the location and time for the wedding, so I am going to just put Neuschenstein Castle's address as it is - hands down - my favourite and dream castle. I am also going to put it on a Saturday as that seems to be a popular day for weddings; this could be because the people would have a long day and a late night, and wouldn't want to go to work the next day drunk and tired from the party.

[[ To be added & edited]]

No comments:

Post a Comment