Monday 1 April 2013

FMP: Ideas 2 & 3

I moved away from the castle idea to come across a new one (well, two new ideas); these were inspired by the story of Brier Rose, otherwise known as the Sleeping Beauty, so I did some rough sketches.
I thought it was best to think of the names for the future bride and groom, and so chose Mark and Sophie as they were pretty straightforward. I'll probably do the same technique where I picked names at random for the surnames as well!





At the same time I started watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and this gave me the idea of trying to link all of these famous tales on one design. This was inspired by the Alice in Wonderland design I had previously analysed.


These sketches then led me to the idea of having fairies, and I did a couple of silhouettes inspired by both Amy Brown and Jan Pienkowski.



Conclusion:
After a while I soon abandoned the idea of having fairies displayed on the invitation because 1) they aren't really mentioned in any of the stories by the Brothers Grimm and b) they would look too childish for a wedding, and would be better off on a party invitation.
Although I do like the idea of doing some designs to reflect Brier Rose and other famous fairy tales, so I might explore into that area a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment