Monday 29 April 2013

FMP: Initial Stationary Sketches

Now that I have made my decision on what would be my final invitation design, I thought that it was time to look into doing some initial sketches for the Save the Date card.
I began my sketches on a little notepad on the train, so I wasn't able to go into great detail as the train kept shaking. Once I got home I was able to continue doing my initial ideas (and found it a lot easier to concentrate!)





I got a bit annoyed at this point and went along and did some sketches of R.S.V.P cards as well, as some of the sketches I had done were better for it. I know that I haven't yet begun my research on the R.S.V.P cards but I had seen some when I was researching for my invitation so I have a basic idea of what they look like.
I looked at Oh So Beautiful Paper as inspiration because the designs they feature beneath their Wedding Invitations section are often as a set, so I was able to pick a few and figure out what it was that makes it a complete set. Was it the repetition in the typeface, the colour scheme... I had to take all of these into account. 


After I had done a few I picked two of my favourite designs and drew them out as a complete set so that I could compare them.



Conclusion:
I'm still not quite sure which of these designs to go for, so I think that I might take a little break and do some brief research on R.S.V.P cards so that I could know exactly what needs to be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment