Monday 1 April 2013

FMP: Idea 3 (Development of Idea 1)

I was quite determined to continue with my idea of having a fairy tale castle, but for a while I was hitting a blank wall with it. That was until I was on my hour break at work that suddenly I was struck by inspiration.

I first started off with the idea of having the invitation displayed on three different layers; the first being the silhouette of the castle, the middle of the mountains, and the back of the writing. Each layer would be in a different coloured card so that it would be easier to separate them all. I would then bind these layers together so that they would fan outwards so they'll be able to stand.


I kept simplifying this idea because I wanted to see what direction it would take me, and I came to just having the invitation on one layer. This one layer then changed into the idea of the invitation being in the shape of the castle, with the lettering on it.



Conclusion:
I believe I have really taken the original idea into a completely new one by simply breaking it down into smaller pieces, as it were, to create a simple yet effective design. I really like the final outcome so I might continue to develop it into a final piece.

2 comments:

  1. I really like it how you show the of development your work :)

    ReplyDelete