Monday 22 April 2013

FMP: Initial Ideas

I wanted to start afresh with this project now that I know that I'm heading for the traditional illustration route, although I looked back at my previous designs and picked a few that I thought would be good for this new direction I'm headed.

Here you can see that I have started by taking some of my old ideas and then developing them, and I got inspired to do decorative borders with roses and a fairy tale castle. 


I developed the idea of having a decorative border to having a decorative illustration, having been inspired by Illuminated Manuscripts and Jan Pienkowski's use of silhouettes and extreme detail.



Even though I wasn't sure whether or not I have enough time to do all of the other counterparts of the wedding stationary, I decided to do little sketches so that I could begin to think of these designs as a whole set rather than just focusing on the invitation. This means that I could at least have a head start if I do have enough time.


Conclusion:
I think my strongest ideas are the designs inspired by Illuminated Manuscripts and the castle and roses border. I shall experiment with both of these ideas to see what can be developed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment