Saturday 4 January 2014

APP Words: Author's Signature

[8]

One of the things I mentioned on my previous post was that I needed to add a little signature of the author's name, so I spent a while just sketching out different signature styles before finally deciding that I'll place this on the bottom of the ampersand. I had this idea in mind for a while but actually seeing it confirmed this placement choice.



I couldn't decide between using a script hand-lettering style or to go for a sans-serif block style like I have already done in the banner. While I was taking notes I realised that my messy handwriting might work as well and make it look as if the author had handwritten it himself, and I could use a tablet for this.


I also tried out placing the writing beneath the ampersand just to see what it'll look like. Here's my whole page of sketches. 


Conclusion:
I'm still a bit unsure what style to go for so I'm going to try and experiment with different styles but from existing typefaces, as I have a feeling it'll be easier doing so. I might leave this to the very last thing to do along with all of the little details I need to add on my banner design I have so far.

[n] Learning Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment