Friday 31 January 2014

FMP (BA): Dip Pens - Quick Exercise

I managed to get my hands on two sets of dip pens - one roundhand, the other copperplate & shadow - so today I had a little play with them. I've never really used such pens before so didn't know what I was doing but I just wanted to see what each set looked like in my own handwriting.

Calligraphy would be the first type style that I want to try out as I haven't explored with it that much in my last APP project (Words). Plus I think it'll suit some of the quotes I had gathered earlier.




Conclusion: 
As I've mentioned at the top of this post, I've never used such pens before so it was a little difficult for me to differentiate between the two sets. My next step is to take a look at some tutorials and see how other people use them as well as figuring out how to clean them properly.

Learning Outcomes:
[3] Developed written and oral skills of critical self-evaluation in relation to their design practice.
[6] Developed skills of critical thinking, analysis and evaluation.
[7] Developed their ability to learn through reflection on practice and experience.
[9] Developed their ability to work with complex material, analyse problems and identify appropriate solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment