Wednesday 22 January 2014

Never Give In & Never Give Up

The Brief 
The aim is to design the outer design of a travel mug using inspirational words integrating illustration where possible. We often look upon inspirational quotes to boost our motivation to get us through the week long of reports or essays we have in our workplace and yet they can even go to the lengths of providing us with the courage to pursue our life long dreams.

Background Information
I decided to go along with the idea of hand-lettering, as it was something that I haven't yet been able to experiment with in my previous projects. This grew out of my fascination with the works of Steve Simpson and Linzie Hunter, who were both key inspirations for this project.

The Design
Done in both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I produced a tea-leaves pattern for the background to create a connection between the design and Twinings, a British-based tea company, and emphasised this through the use of a teapot and cup in the illustration. My colour palette choice is linked to soothing emotions with the red to give a vibrant appearance as well as that energy boost.


Important Notice:
Please note that Twinings did not in any way commission me to produce this piece, this is completely for university purposes only as I had to pick my ideal client to base this project on.







Digital Design



Thanks for viewing! Please visit my other accounts:

No comments:

Post a Comment