Tuesday 7 January 2014

APP Words: Putting Everything Together

[6] [9]
I've finished all of the illustrations that I wanted to include, so now is just the case of putting them all together and then I could upload it into Photoshop to start adding texture and shading.

I am going to use the latest template - as that was the one that worked best, shown in this post - so I opened up all of the documents I needed, then put them together with the template document on separate layers. I deleted the old templates then saved it under a New Document so that I didn't lose anything.
Then I played around with all of the illustrations, scaling and arranging, before I came up with a layout I was satisfied with. I've left the colours for the Twinings label because I had the idea of including the logo on the teapot... Hmm.

As you can see, I decided to choose the most successful vote from when I gathered feedback from my peers. [4]


I tried to use the pattern but it doesn't seem to appear on this document, only in the tea leaves document, so I copied and the illustration next to the template and made a pattern by going onto Edit > Define Pattern. I then selected the template, and used the pattern as a fill colour. However it only showed the leaves and didn't have a background.


I tried out a little experiment where I filled in the pattern background with the same colour as the template background. I reduced the size of the pattern because the leaves were way too big. Adding a background colour didn't seem to work so I made it transparent. [4] [8]


The background of the template was still transparent even though the tea leaves pattern worked so I just duplicated the template, and on the duplicate I set the fill colour as the dark green. It worked! Result! I thought that the light green leaves were too light so chose a shade closer to the background. [4] [8]


Conclusion: [5]
It's nice to see everything coming together but I cannot help but think of an army camouflage when I glance at the background. I need to change something about it but I really cannot think what... Maybe I do need to make the tea leaves larger, or at least reduce the amount of them in a pattern.

So my next steps are:

  • Entwine the banner with the teapot and cup
  • Change the background pattern by reducing the amount of leaves in it
  • Add colours to Twining label
  • Convert everything to Photoshop


[n] Learning Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment