Thursday 9 January 2014

APP Words: Final Design

I'll probably develop this and place it on a mug prototype, but I thought that I'd leave this here just to remind me to put some photos up later on.

I'm really, really pleased with it's outcome, and surprised at myself... My vectors actually turned out okay! I've never really been that experienced in that field so I'm happy to see that it actually worked out okay in the end.



I printed out my designs on matte paper to provide that extra boost of texture, and after comparing two versions (one with the watercolour texture and one without) I went with the one that didn't have any texture applied. This is because the colours in the ampersand and banner were a lot brighter and stood out a lot more. It provided a very 'clean' and smooth appearance, something that relates to the soothing taste of tea.


Once chosen, I cut out my design and applied to my mug and... It fits perfectly! I am so glad that I did trim off the bottom slightly otherwise it would've been too long. I'll take better pictures later but here is a preview just for now:




No comments:

Post a Comment