Saturday 14 December 2013

APP Home (AOI): Converting Double Royal to A3

After much thought I decided to try taking the poster composition used for the Double Royal poster onto A3. Even though I have tried doing this before and highlighted that the type was extremely small, I still would like to print it out to see if it actually looks better on paper than on screen. 

I opened up the two documents - the A3 and Double Royal version - and first copied and pasted the illustration onto A3. I then copied and pasted the text from the Double Royal version onto the document. Once it was on the document I shifted everything into place and then adjusted all of the text.



The text pt. size wasn't actually as small as I had thought before, so I decided to carry on with this design and saved it. I opened up Photoshop so that I could add the logos for the final touch. I took reference from my Double Royal poster design as it was just another version of it. 


When I cropped out the edges and zoomed out I realised that the text was very close to the edge, so I went back into InDesign to shift the text a bit and made the URL of the website a pt. size smaller. Then it was back to Photoshop to add in the logos.



All done!



I then printed out my design to see if it is indeed a better composition than my initial A3 poster design.



Conclusion:
After much debate I've decided that I shall submit this newer version for my project as well as the original illustration, and shall also submit the Double Royal mockup I created so that the examiner would know what it'll look like when hung on a wall. Unfortunately I've still been unable to find a suitable mock up that shows a person standing beside the Double Royal poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment