Friday 6 December 2013

APP Home (AOI): Unveiling Wonderland

Update: To see my updated version, please click here

As I've mentioned in my previous post, I am going to produce two designs for submission; one as an A3 poster, and another as a mockup of what the Double Royal would look like. I'll also submit my illustration as a standalone.

This illustration was... Challenging. I haven't really ventured into digital painting that much so there were some parts where I struggled but I'm very pleased with the results nevertheless. It's really nice to see that it is possible to mix traditional and digital media without looking too 'artificial'.

A3 Poster Version





Double Royal Version

Conclusion:
I much prefer the Double Crown layout, as it’s more realistic to the AOI’s expectation as it is, in fact, almost a duplicate. However this duplication could come across as copyright so I need to make sure to include that it’s not the ‘real deal’ and that it’s only for my university project. 
However I do like the one for the A3, especially now that I made some changes to the text and used the same words as they did in previous competitions.

I produced my own mockups for my designs as I couldn't find one that had a person standing next to it so that I could show some sort of scale.

Unveiling Wonderland @ Behance

image credits: Free Poster Mockup (standing), edited by me.
All other mockups are made by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment