Sunday 29 December 2013

APP Words: Feedback

[1] [3] [4]

I have decided to do a series of small posts on the feedback I've gathered from my target audience and other graphic design students to help me with my design process.

Taking their feedback into account is very important as a design because I want my design to be as successful as can be with my target audience. I would also need to consider adapting my design to suit their requirements if needed.

Here I told them that I was going to produce a unisex design for students (17-21 year olds) and that it would be displayed on the front of the travel mug.

Image:


Feedback:



I noticed that one of them mentioned about the uppercase letters, so I decided to try out some sketches to see what it would look like when the writing is in lower case, and then presented it to my target market again.

Image:


Feedback:


I then tried out doing it in both upper and lower case:


However, I didn't present this to my audience as I can see that it wouldn't be as successful as the ones which are either all in upper or lowercase. This is because the lowercase letters would had to be drawn very, very small, so it might be hard to read when printed on the cup.

Conclusion: [5]
Taking all of the feedback into account I shall go with the sans-serif type face but all in uppercase. This is because I want my design to be bold and stand out from the shelf so that people would buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment