Sunday 29 December 2013

APP Words: Chosen Ideas Development - Putting Them Together

With my chosen ideas picked I can now focus on assembling them all together to figure out what kind of composition they'll have on the travel mug. I'm hoping that my banner design will be the centrepiece with little doodles floating around it.

I took each of my photos and placed them onto a Photoshop document before arranging and rearranging them. I didn't know my dimensions of the travel mug at this time so just produced a rectangular document. I used a grid to help me out in terms of alignment.


Something was really bugging me about this method, and I got so fed up that I abandoned the idea of doing it all up on computer. Besides, I wanted to change my banner idea (as I used a photo of the older version) and I find it more comfortable arranging them on the table in front of me. [8]

Plus, when I decided to try out composition again, I was able to figure out my dimensions and draw up a template for my travel mug. This made it a lot easier to see what the design would actually look like.

I first drew up each of my chosen ideas on a separate piece of paper before cutting them all out individually. I then drew up a template to act as a base and started arranging everything.






Conclusion:
As you can see in my last arrangement I had considered just displaying the banner design on it's own, having some tea leaves as a pattern in the background with a little label to show the brand (Twinings). As I'm a bit unsure about this I shall ask my classmates for some feedback.
To help me out in my decision I shall draw up each of these compositions as if they were the "final" thing, although I might narrow it down to two ideas to save time. [8]

[n] Learning Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment