Saturday 21 December 2013

APP Words: Developing Sketches - Chosen Ideas

I'm at that point where I could start highlighting aspects that I find could be developed further and incorporated into the final design, so I went through the whole of my sketch pad and put little gold stars next to each sketch that I liked. 


I would like this idea to be the centrepiece of my design, and I could imagine it being right at the "front" of the travel mug. I want to experiment with more type styles though as I feel I haven't really explored into different typefaces and how they are usually displayed on banners. 




I would like the person using this mug to remember that they can have time to relax, and I think this idea is perfect for it because I've made sure that each letter had soft curves to reflect the lightness of clouds. I enforced this idea by placing the word in a cloud, and I want to add some texture to the edges to enhance this "fluffiness". 
I could probably draw someone or something that is actually saying "relax"? 


I was initially going to do something along the lines of, "no. 1 person!" or "best person ever" but as you can see from my previous post, I had developed this into just a simple no.1 award sticker. This would be great as a little illustration floating within the design. 


This is another little illustration to break away all of the quotes that will be featured on the design. Maybe I could develop this and change it into a travel mug instead?


This fast became one of my favourite experiments with type, and I want to do this in a little speech bubble. Maybe I coudl have a series of speech bubbles around the mug design?


Right at the beginning I knew that I'd like to use this little illustration as the background! However I might do it at a really low opacity to provide some texture like they do in Steve Simpson's designs. This would make the design more interesting and creates a connection with Twinings tea as it's an illustration of tea leaves!


This is sort-of a development sketch from the mug with the love heart, and is quite personal to me because I drink tea in order to get energetic and give me that creative boost in the morning. I've noticed that some of my classmates love drinking tea, and some drink coffee to wake them up a little bit!


Finally I would like to create a stronger connection with my design to my "client", Twinings, by illustrating one of their tea bag labels to hang over the edge of the cup. I need to look into their labels more so I can draw this as accurately as possible. [1]

Conclusion:
Even though I've started writing down some developments I could make I find that my ideas are getting a bit worn-out and I need to look for more inspiration. Hopefully next time I could find something inspiring!

[n] Learning Outcomes

No comments:

Post a Comment