Friday 6 December 2013

APP Home (AOI): Double Royal Size Screenshots

I was curious to see how the poster would look at a larger size, so I picked one of the dimensions provided in the brief and created a new document in InDesign. Then I went along and placed all of my text and illustration (leaving the logo until the very end) and I noticed just how large the pt size of the text had to be. Out of curiosity I went to see how big it actually was: it was bigger than A1!


Here’s me copying and pasting my Double Crown version onto the A3 document, just look at the difference in sizes!
Another problem I found as well as the differences in sizes was that the illustration had to be reduced so that it was very thin in order for everything to fit on the page, meaning that it would actually be smaller than A3 in width. So it might be better to just print out the Double Crown version as a mock up to show what it would look like when printed larger, and then have my A3 version.



Conclusion:
This made me come to the conclusion that I’ll have two designs: one for the ‘real’ poster (the Double Crown) and another for my portfolio (the A3 version). Unfortunately my type and illustration arrangement that I did in my Double Crown couldn’t be carried across on A3, and I will explain this in my evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment