Thursday 26 December 2013

APP Words: Small Re-Evaluation

[5] [8]

I've seemed to have hit a brick wall with this project, and after flicking through my research I realised that I haven't gathered enough inspiration hence why I seem to be lacking in ideas. My deadline is approaching so I'm getting a bit stressed at the short time I have left.

To try and overcome this I'm going to produce another to-do list, highlighting each point that I need to undertake to ensure that I have as much inspiration as I need under my belt. This might include looking at more illustrators and how hand-letterers combine that with lettering, as even though I do love Steve Simpson's work I think that I need to look at a wider range.

My to-do list therefore includes:
  • Analysing inspirational pieces in greater detail - literally pick up and anything that would help me to understand the connotations a bit more 
  • Finish off my inspirational letterpress pieces post
  • Bring all of the highlighted doodles made and bring it up on Photoshop to start connecting them, producing a design that I could develop further
  • Gather more inspiration to add to my Pinterest board 
  • Do more doodles
  • Figure out the dimensions of my travel mug and see how I'm going to assemble my design
  • Look at colour schemes 

I've started by creating a mind map with all words connected to Tea and Twinings, to see what I could possibly sketch and include within my design. As mentioned in my post on existing product designs, most mugs have a pattern and aren't very much focused on typography, and that illustration is one of their main aspects. This means that I might have to reduce the amount of quotes on my design and just focus on one really decorative one, possibly surrounding it with little relevant doodles or single word. That had been my plan from the start, although now I think I might reduce the word amount even further. 


Now I can move onto doing some illustrations, as I had made a little section on some of the ideas produced from this mind map. I think that I shall do this before any of the bullet points made above, or when I'm feeling inspired.

This project is a merry-go-round!

[n] Learning Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment