Monday 2 December 2013

APP Home (AOI): Project Organisation

After a couple of days of starting my project, I realised that I was wasn’t really following my product schedule which created some problems as a) it made me more unorganised than I wanted and b) I was looking at different pieces of research all at once that I wasn’t able to concentrate on one section and finish it before moving on.

I then decided to see what other storyboard artists did when handling a project, and I came across a particular site (http://blog.jilliantamaki.com/2008/10/idea-generation) where he has listed his project process. This really interested me because it’s nice to “see” how someone thought when tackling a project like mine, and from this I was able to conjure my own kind of to-do list:


I am hoping that with this list I will be able to handle my project successfully so that I won’t be stressing about it later on. This will also allow me to allocate which task I could do for each day so that I could balance my dissertation and other APP at the same time. I will be doing a similar list for my other APP too.

Conclusion:
By researching into an unknown topic I was able to discover new things such as the thought process of a storyboard artist, which I never thought I’d find. This has helped me to organise my project effectively and allowed me to look in areas that I’m not familiar with (as I’ve never done storyboard design before).

No comments:

Post a Comment