Monday 30 December 2013

APP Words: Further Development

With my rough composition now done I can focus on sketching what would be the final design. This means that once I have done this sketch I could then annotate areas of improvement before moving on to drawing everything up on either Illustrator or Photoshop, or by my Inkling.

I'm still undecided on whether or not to just draw the "Never give in and never give up" design on it's own with the Twinings label hanging what would be the edge of the travel mug. Simplicity is always best, but I'm not too sure if it'll be eye-catching enough for my target market. To try and help me out I shall draw this design up on Illustrator/Photoshop/via Inkling anyway with the tea leaves pattern in the background, and place it alongside my other design. For now it's a bit too early to decide on anything just yet.


I then started to work on the other areas.



This was what I had so far:


I decided to skip the idea of having the buntings hanging over the edge of the cup because the design would be too cluttered, and I also left out the little teacup doodle with a love heart for the same reason. However, the reason why I left my "everything will be okay" out was because it could detract some attention away from the main quote, as it was quite lengthy.

Therefore I went along to adapt my "you can do it" buntings by displaying it in some sort of speech bubble. I played around with different styles before choosing the rounded rectangle with little dots running along the border. These dots would then be painted as lights when I reach the final design.




I could then include this idea in my sketch.


Conclusion:
I'm so glad that my design is finally coming together, I was fearful that I had spent too long on the doodling process than I was in the development. However this was actually an advantage because it was easier for me to come up with final designs, therefore speeding up the design process. [1] I wrote small annotations on what could be improved on (although the photo above isn't very good quality so please refer to my sketchpad).

As I've mentioned above, I'm a bit worried that this design might seem a bit too 'fun' for Twinings, as they are my client after all. What I'll do in the meantime is ask for some feedback off my colleagues and lecturers to see what they think. [1] [5]

[n] Learning Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment